DIY CNC from machine to human machine interface

I am a mechanical engineer and an amateur woodworker. I love to invent objects of everyday use and not so common objects ...

Five years ago I decided to build my onw CNC for my personal usage from the concept to design and manufacturing. I had to go from great joy to discouragement several times.


I will show in this blog some creations and hints to help you out with the process of creation of your own things. I'm passionate by the culture of makers and If I can inspire someone to create something I will be honored.


I also programmed my own home machine interface using the LINUXCNC python library. here is some screenshots





Very similar to the AXIS interface (provided with LINUXCNC software) in the layout of the elements. However, I used a MVC pattern to facilitate the evolution of the interface. In addition, there is a plugin structure to facilitate the addition of components or modules. These modules can be added to the application at runtime.







Comments

Popular Posts